The day I was married, I felt that there was no way my life could feel more complete or that I could experience a joy greater than marrying the man of my dreams. And then I had a daughter.
Tonight, Matthew put Charlotte to bed. She was a little wound up, so he put "their" song on the computer (Everything by Michael Buble), sang and danced with her by the Christmas tree. I stood in the doorway to the kitchen and watched my husband sing to our daughter as she stared up at him, lit only by the lights on the tree. It was that moment that made me realize how amazing it is to now be a family. My heart is so full, I feel it may burst any moment.
Love is a funny thing. I still have a love for my husband greater than almost any other love I have known, but the love for our family is a love so powerful, I tear up just thinking about how blessed I am to not only be married, but to have a child we brought into this world.
Parenthood has been challenging at times and I know it will continue to be challenging, but it is these tiny, precious moments that I know will make all the trials worth it. There truly is nothing greater than family.
2 comments:
Isn't it wonderful? There have been several moments like this for me already. The first was when Abby was just a couple days old. I was on the way back to the hospital. We won't get into details, but lets just say that there was a country song and some tears....when you take a step back and look at the big picture, parenthood truly is a wonderful thing.
We're so lucky to have beautiful, healthy girls.
That moment is the kind that Eric and I will find ourselves in from time to time and we'll say "It's one of those times where it makes everything worth it." When you have boys as rowdy as ours, those moments are few and far between sometimes, but when they happen, they take my breath away!
Post a Comment