Thursday, August 5, 2010

Charlotte's Birthday

On July 22, my baby girl turned two. Two! How is that possible? Wasn't it just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant for the first time? We just bought her a booster seat so now she sits at the table with us for dinner. I can't tell you how weird it is to see my little toddler sitting at the table with us. She's turning into such a little girl!

Here are a whole lot of photos from the day. It was fun celebrating our little girl's second birthday!


Special birthday breakfast- cinnamon rolls and yogurt covered raisins. Yummy!


Riding the train at the zoo. It was HOT that day so we spent a lot of time on the train. Charlotte wanted to ride the train over and over. I was totally ok with that since it was over 90 degrees outside that day!


Big girl lunch! She had a special treat of pink lemonade and then had a delicious lunch of chicken nuggets, grapes and broccoli. She chose the broccoli over fries. Is this girl not the weirdest? She doesn't like cake, either. She can't possibly be my child!


The chimps. This little guy "played" with Charlotte for awhile. She was fascinated. It was pretty cool to see him interact with her.


Fun times on the carousel


And Audrey slept.


The train again!


Watching the tigers from the train station.


Outside the Living World. Charlotte picked out her new kitty from the gift shop. She had something else picked out, but then turned around and saw this. She put the other one back, grabbed this tiger, and walked toward the checkout. Decision made!


Presents!



Playing with her new sidewalk chalk.


And Audrey slept.




Birthday Dinner at IHOP. The girl loves her eggs and pancakes.


And Audrey slept.



Playing in Daddy's car. A special treat!


Nighttime swim at the neighbors pool. Another fun treat!


And Audrey slept.


Puppies!


Blowing out her candle on her birthday ice cream.


Opening her present from Grandma and Papa Ridley the next day.




My parents hosted a little birthday party for her the Sunday after her birthday for our family. Charlotte had a great time! We didn't get many pictures taken, but here are a few.



"Big Sisters are the Best"
Charlotte walked up to Audrey in the swing to show her the shirt. It was too funny. She was trying to send a message, I think.


First ball glove! Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Drury!


This picture has danger written all over it. I fear for Audrey.




Singing and candles and cake. I made her a brownie cake since she likes brownies (sometimes), but she still turned down this cake! She is so weird. I guess it's a good thing that she prefers her vegetables, but I just can't believe MY daughter doesn't like sweets!


No comments: