But NO pictures because I am a parenting failure. You must forgive me.
Friday we went to the Fox/Lindberg football game. The only thing Charlotte could talk about all week was the football game. Every morning, "Football game?" And I would tell her, not today, Friday. "Football game now?" The girl loves her football. We got to the game a little late (big surprise) and as we're walking by the end zone on our way to the visitor's side (the game was at Lindberg), Charlotte starts to laugh hysterically. I looked down at her and she's pointing to the field, where a play had just ended in a tackle, and told me, "Football game so funny!" What a girl, that Charlotte. She watched most of the game and even got mad when the marching band took the field. She wanted the football game back. She was very excited to learn that we could watch football games on TV at home and would say "Oh, no! Football game!" every time the game went to commercial. I have no idea where the obsession came from. But it is hilarious!
Saturday I took Charlotte to a zoo class. It was a lot of fun. Charlotte loved playing with the stuffed animals, but was a little weary of the real ones. She touched a salamander and a snake, but was too chicken to touch the millipede, owl and chinchilla. What kid is afraid to touch something fuzzy but will touch a snake without hesitation. Such a weirdo, that one. That night we took dinner to my aunt and uncle's house. They're moving to Denver at the end of the month and my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Dan came into town to help pack. Charlotte enjoyed the opportunity to watch another football game on TV.
Sunday we went apple picking. Lots of fun, but all the pictures are on our phones because I am incapable of remembering to bring the camera to fun events. Charlotte had a good time in the groves, but even more fun with the playground. There was a small toddler sized slide that Charlotte used as her kitchen. She took my bag of cheese puffs over to it and I was kind of mad because I know she doesn't like them. She then trots over with the puffs, one at a time, and gives them to me. "Here, Mama. I cook." What a doll. She made me cheese puffs. I love her!
Busy weekend, but I love making the memories with my family. There were a couple of moments this weekend where I just sat back and watched my family and felt complete and utter contentment with where my life has taken me. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment