Thursday, May 26, 2011

KC Again!

We went to KC last weekend for the Cardinals/Royals game and my aunt Robbie's 5oth birthday party. We had a blast! While we thought we were going to the Friday night game, we realized, after checking the time on the ticket in order to calculate how fast I would have to average to get to the game on time, that our tickets were actually for Saturday afternoon. Surprise! We slowed down, had some dinner, and cruised into Parkville to relax with Grandpa Freeman and Grandma Edie. Saturday afternoon we headed out to the ballpark to cheer on the teams!

A family divided. Audrey had on a Royals shirt since we didn't have a Cardinal's one that fit her. Bummer. The shirt made her look just a little less cute, but the pigtails and the kid-sized pretzel made her look pretty sweet. (BTW- kid-size pretzel? Best idea ever! It was only $2 and just the right size for the girls. And me, for that matter. Genius, I tell you.)

Enjoying the game and the pretzel.

Here, Daddy!

Grandpa Drury enjoying the game.

Charlotte downing some water, not Mountain Dew. Geez, can you imagine this girl hopped up on caffeine? Yikes. And where did this big kid come from? She looks enormous here. At least she still has baby hands. If she ever loses those baby hands, I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

Cheese face. And see that ugly blue shirt? Yeah, she wasn't wearing that when we went to the game. I turn my back for a minute and all of a sudden she's in Royals gear instead of the Cardinals' shirt I put her in. NOT COOL. When the Cardinals won (suck on that, Matthew!), we switched it back. :)

Party time! Audrey got her very first birthday present from her Great Aunt Shirley and Great Uncle Dan. She's almost a year old. :( Not. Ready.

Oh my gosh, look at this! This book is super cute. It's all about Audrey Hepburn, Audrey's namesake. The illustrations are just beautiful. It's as much for me as it is Audrey!

This birthday stuff is pretty cool. By the way, I've been told that my girls look like me and I'm always like, yeah, I see similarities, but when I look at this picture, I feel like I'm looking at one of my baby pictures. It is creepy! She looks just like me! So is it vanity to call her cute? Must ponder...

Thanks for the present, Aunt Shirley! I'll definitely be wearing this when I see you at the beach this summer!

No comments: