Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Parent's Best Friend

The best thing about having a cousin with a baby almost exactly a year older than ours is that we can tap them for advice, opinions (Stephanie sold us on the cloth diapers), and best of all, hand-me-downs. We were so lucky to have Matt and Stephanie (and Derek) loan us quite a few baby items, but right now the item we use the most is the Bumbo.

Not only does Charlotte love this thing, Mommy adores it. I can set her right up on the kitchen counter with me while I cook, so I am able to get so much more done in the kitchen now. I used to put her in a variety of mechanical baby-sitters, but they all had to be on the floor. Now she watches me cook, one of her new favorite past times.

It also has helped her develop the ability to sit up on her own. She can now sit unassisted for at least 15 seconds. She's so talented! Plus, she looks super cute in it.

A very sleepy Mommy's helper

Just chillin', yo.

1 comment:

David said...

Glad Stephanie sold you on the cloth diapers, because then you sold us on them! Now I just gotta work on selling somebody....maybe Melissa will listen...

You've also sold us on the bumbo. Abby's is on the way! She's holding her head up so well, that we might try putting her in it in the next couple of weeks, with a little assistance from mommy and daddy of course!

I'm glad you know how wonderful it is to have someone that is doing all of this just ahead of you! You guys have helped us out soooo much!