Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cuteness Overload

I just had to post some of the most recent "Charlotte-isms":

There is a stack of coats on the sofa that my aunt brought over for me to go through. I ask Charlotte if she wants to wear one. She taps her forefinger on her lips, "Hmmmmmm. That one."

Charlotte's sitting on my lap. Her tummy grumbles a little. She turns to me. "Mama poopoo?" No, Mama didn't poopoo. "Oh. Mama toot?"

Her big thing right now is to ask "What happened?" It's constant. Any time we say or do something, "What happened? Mama, what happened?" Lately when we've been answering her, she'll just respond, "Oh." Example: I drop a spoon. "Mama, what happened?" "I dropped a spoon." "Oh."

I put Charlotte to bed last night. I read a book and then start to tuck her in. I ask her if she had a good day and she answers, "Yeah. Harvey my man." Matt calls up the stairs, "No he isn't!" Toddler love.

And just a few more stories...

Audrey has two teeth! I can't believe she cut them already. I'm not ready. As a result, I'm pretty sure she has an ear infection. She was fussing at the bottle last night and cried A LOT, which is not normal, so I'm thinking ear infection. With all the ear infections Charlotte had, I'm excited that this is potentially Audrey's first after over five months! I felt like we were in the Dr.'s office every week with Charlotte when she first started daycare. I guess Audrey's tougher. :)

Audrey had her first belly laugh this past Sunday. Charlotte was doing this goofy little dance for Audrey and she just cracked up. It was adorable! Charlotte would move out of her line of sight, the laughing would pause, then Charlotte would come back with her silly dance and Audrey would bust a gut. Hilarious.

And I've saved the best for last. The other night, Audrey was propped up into a sitting position against one of our chairs at Matthew's feet. Charlotte crawled up next to her, put her head in Audrey's lap, and laid there while Audrey played with her hair. It was one of those precious moments that makes your heart feel so full, it just might burst from happiness. Definitely made a mental picture with that one. I just love these girls.

1 comment:

Garnerfam said...

Adorable! I love just writing about the "little" things that they say or do. So cute!