Friday, June 17, 2011

She's 1!

Can you believe it? She's a whole year old! I cannot tell you where that time has gone. It has FLOWN by. Crazy. I promise to catch up with what we've been doing the past few weeks (vacation, parish picnic, Memorial Day fun, BIRTHDAY!), but for now, a very brief update on Little Bit.

She is FINALLY crawling. After months of scooting on her butt, she's finally figured out other ways to move forward. She has not, however, figured out that she can use both knees. Instead, she gets up on one knee and puts her other foot on the ground in a very awkward looking pose and kind of drags herself along. It's weird, but Charlotte did it, too, for awhile. I'll post a video. Maybe.

She is also FINALLY standing on her own. This girl would refuse to put any weight on her legs. It was weird enough that I actually started researching cerebral palsy on the internet. She now only wants to stand, but doesn't quite have the balance to do it herself, so if you have the audacity to sit her down and not help her stand and walk somewhere every minute of the day she will scream until you figure out that whatever you were doing is not nearly as important as helping her. I love her.

She is always talking. She is far more verbal than Charlotte was. I guess it's because she has to keep up with her motor mouth sister. She definitely has "hi" and "bye" and uses the words appropriately as she ways. She might have Dada, not sure on Mama, but pretty darn sure she says "Char Char". She'll call for her in the morning from her crib. It's awfully cute. She also might say kitty, but that hasn't been consistent enough to really know.

She is a shrimp, weighing in today at 20 pounds and measuring 28 inches (although Matt claims the measurement was incorrect and she's really only 27 inches), putting her in approximately the 25th percentile. We've started weaning her off of formula and giving her mostly cow's milk. She's pretty proficient at the sippy cup, but still gets more from the bottle. I'm not sure when we're going to totally wean her from that.

She L-O-V-E-S her pacifier. Sigh. She won't sleep without it. I had to make a 10:30 run to the store to get a back-up when her pacifier was left at school a couple of weeks ago. We're trying to only give it to her when she sleeps, but sometimes she just really wants that darn thing. I can't wait to get rid of it.

She is an absolute joy. She is such a happy little girl and I love watching her personality develop. I think she's going to be a trouble maker. Such a stinker sometimes! But so so glad she is part of our family. We wouldn't be the same without her. I love you, little bit! Happy first birthday!

No comments: