After the race, we made our way to the Botanical Gardens for Best of Missouri Market. We've been going since I was 13, so it's been fun sharing the tradition with Charlotte and Audrey. The Dimmitt's joined us while we explored the market. There are 4 large tents with lots of different vendors from all over the state, selling everything from meats and bread to orchids and iron crafts. It's pretty amazing and most of the food vendors hand out samples, so it's like eating your way through the best foods Missouri has to offer. I love it and always find something new and fun to take home and try out in my kitchen (this year it was red pepper jelly). Now that I have kids, we go to the kids area to explore. There are lots of fun activities for the kids, all included with the price of admission. This year, we got there kind of late and after lunch, headed straight for the kids area.
 |
| Charlotte and Derek held hands as they walked in. I love watching these two together. They have so much fun! |
 |
| Building a toolbox with Grandpa |
 |
| Such concentration. |
 |
| The finished product. |
 |
| Master carpenters. |
 |
| Apparently the best way to pick out a pumpkin is to crawl on top of them. Whatever. |
 |
| Decorating pumpkins |
 |
| Pizza break! |
After the market, Charlotte and Audrey went to my cousin Laura's house with my parents to continue playing with Derek while Matt and I went to a party at a friend's house. The cousins apparently had a blast together, but I don't think there was ever any doubt they would. Derek's mom called me the week after Labor Day and told me that Derek was moping around the cabin that weekend. Stephanie asked what was wrong and he told her that he was just missing Charlotte! So sweet. Can't wait to see these two together again at Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment