Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Lost Year- Colorado: The Beginning

I was going to upload a few more random pictures, but they are trapped on another computer and it won't let me upload them.  Someone smarter than I will need to figure that out, so I'll move on to a few adventures that should get a little special attention.  Colorado is definitely one of those adventures!

We stayed in Gunnison, CO with my parents and my mother's siblings and most of their families.  We rented condos near each other and enjoyed the mountains together.  It was a fabulous trip and I can't wait to do it again.  Every time I go to Colorado, I start looking for jobs on the Colorado bar website.  I just love that state with all my heart.  It must be in the blood, as my dad was born in Denver.

On the road

Such a handsome hubby

We started to see mountains as the sun was setting.  Beautiful.  I love Colorado more than words can express.

Our hike on day 1.  My parents and I arrived a day before everyone else, so we took a short hike with the girls late morning the first day out.



Audrey's lunch time spot.

Charlotte pretending to be the beaver that cut down this tree.


Charlotte at the trail head cheering on the rest of the crew.  She and I ran back ahead of them.  She has become completely obsessed with running.  She's wearing her "fast clothes" and loves setting up races around the block, making Matt and Audrey stand in different places to cheer the runners.  She's running in her first race at the end of the November, but don't tell her yet! :)

The race was too much for Audrey.



No comments: