Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things I Love About Audrey

1. She smiles at me first thing when she sees me in the morning. She knows who her mama is.

2. She reserves some of her biggest smiles for her sister. She adores Charlotte. I'm convinced that there is a very special bond between sisters that doesn't develop over time- it's in the blood.

3. She's started to giggle a little. It sounds more like fast breathing, but I know the giggle is coming. She only does it when I "stand" her up on her feet and make her jump. She loves its.

4. She slept through the night this week. Twice.

5. She loves to cuddle. She would almost always rather be held than not held.

6. She smiles. A lot. She's a total charmer now. She didn't smile nearly as much as her sister in the very early months, but the last few weeks, she's been a smiling machine.

7. She still smells like a newborn, fresh from heaven. I could smell her head all day.

8. Her hair. It is so dark and thick and I'm pretty sure it's curly like her sister's hair. Its started to lighten a bit and get a little red, but it is still much darker than Charlotte's at this age.

9. She doesn't mind yet that I compare her to Charlotte all the time.

10. She's mine. I get to be her mommy and that is just the best. Particularly since she's a mama's girl and wants me when she's really sad. It's awesome to be the one that can calm her. I love knowing that I make her feel safe. I hope I always do.

No comments: