For those of you that know me, it will come as no surprise that I LOVE to throw parties! I love planning them, I love coming up with themes and menus and favors. It is my favorite thing to do. Sometimes I think I missed my calling as an event planner. :) For Audrey's first birthday, I went fairly simple. It was a Hot Air Balloon theme, inspired by the Curious George book, Curious George and the Hot Air Balloon Ride. I made some super cute hot air balloon invitations, but don't have a picture right now. They ended up even cuter than I expected! I loved them. Since Audrey didn't really care all that much about the party itself, I made it more a friends and family get together, with cake of course!
 |
| The backyard. I bought two dozen balloons to decorate with and two 36" balloons. They were huge and so fun! |
 |
| It was pretty hot, so the guests congregated in the shade. It was pretty funny- as the shaded area got bigger, the party spread out a little more. :) |
 |
| The food table before dinner. |
 |
| My hot air balloon cake. I was pretty happy with the cake sculpting, but I need to work on my icing script. |
 |
| The cupcake balloons. |
 |
| The living room, decorated, but most people stayed outside. I brought the balloons from here outside shortly after this picture was taken. |
 |
| Charlotte and her buddy, Abby. |
 |
| Aw, besties! |
 |
| Showing off their matching shoes. |
 |
| Hanging out with Gramma and baby Noah (oh, and Noah's mom and dad). |
 |
| Logan and his mommy, Cheryl, our fabulous neighbors. We met them shortly after Charlotte was born. Cheryl saw the Welcome Home, Baby sign in our yard and left a card with a Starbucks gift card and a sweet note about how new moms need caffeine. Logan is a few months older than Charlotte, so she was in the thick of it! We went over to thank her and found new friends! |
 |
| Dinner. My mom had a little fun arranging the pulled pork. Weirdo. :) |
 |
| Hanging out with Abby while waiting for presents. |
 |
| I don't care what's behind the paper. Give me the bow! |
 |
| Diving in. |
 |
| Presents? What presents? I want Mommy's glasses. |
 |
| The coolest one-year-old around. |
 |
| These cars turned out to be one of her favorite gifts. She plays with them all the time, "driving" them in circles around the house. She loves them! Thanks, Aunt Cindy and Uncle Kevin! |
 |
| Tissue paper fun! |
 |
| Getting help from big sis and Karlee. |
 |
| Grandpa and Grandma Edie put so much tissue paper in the bag, they felt the need to throw in a brand new, unopened package of tissue paper. :) We returned it a few weeks later in Grandpa's birthday present. |
 |
| My cousin Laura and her boyfriend, Ryan, heard that Charlotte was trying to get Audrey to be an expert fighter, so Ryan bought her a t-shirt from his martial arts studio. If you can't read it, the shirt says "Battle Ready". :) |
 |
| A perfect fit. :) |
 |
| Cake! |
 |
| Mom, give me that cupcake RIGHT.NOW. |
 |
| This is the best! |
 |
| Icing first... |
 |
| Then stare it down. |
 |
| And then eat the cake, wondering why there isn't more icing. |
 |
| Seriously, where is the rest of the icing? |
 |
| All gone! |
 |
| The "big" kids. Sigh. When did my children get so old? |
 |
| Charlotte leading a parade and bossing her friends around. |
 |
| The girls- Karlee, Charlotte and Abby. |
 |
| Tuckered out with Grandpa after a fun party. |
 |
| The Freeman family post party photo. Happy birthday, Audrey! We are so glad you have made our family so special! |
1 comment:
The next thing you know, you'll be planning her graduation party...!
Looks like it was a great hit! Way to go, Mama! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss Audrey! I canNOT believe it's been a year already.
Post a Comment