On Sunday night Matt and I went with our good friend Ryan and his girlfriend Nicole to see U2's 360° Tour. It.Was.Awesome. We were on the floor, which was pretty darn cool. I have been dragging all week because of the late night Sunday, but it was totally worth it. It was approximately a million degrees outside and we were standing on an aluminum floor, so it wasn't the most pleasant concert environment to begin with, but once the show started, I didn't think for a minute about how uncomfortable I was. Just awesome. The concert was Achtung, Baby heavy which was great because that's my favorite album. We also heard With or Without You, a song neither of us had heard in concert. Such a great concert. I'll be talking about it for a long time!
 |
| The stage before the show. This stage was enormous. The top had a spire with a disco ball on top and it was so tall, it stuck out over the top of the stadium. I have never seen anything like it! |
 |
| From the floor, not too far from where we ultimately ended up. |
 |
| From our spot before the crowd moved in a little for the concert. It was cool to see the arch in the background. |
 |
| The opening band, Interpol. They were better than I anticipated. |
 |
| The camera and crew guys being lifted up before the show. INSANE. |
 |
| After Interpol, but before U2 came on, a bunch of statistics and world times were on the ENORMOUS video screen. Some were pretty interesting. |
 |
| The crowd behind us. |
 |
| The crowd next to us. Have you ever seen so many people in one place? It was sold out with over 53, 000 in attendance. So many people! |
 |
| I love the baby statistic. :) Bono said during the concert that one of the crew members had two babies while on this tour. |
 |
| Did you know that no US president was an only child? I thought that was interesting. And see this guy in the red hat? Yeah, he was like 6'6. Not cool. And he kept moving in front of me. Stupid tall red hat guy. At least I wasn't behind the 7'1 guy. No, seriously. The guy behind was freakishly tall and wore a visor that said "Seven foot one". Hilarious. For me, since I was in front of him. Maybe not so funny for the people behind him. |
 |
| They're here! They're here! Larry (the drummer) making his way to the stage. |
 |
| See the glowing white orb? That would be The Edge, all lit up. The pictures are off my phone. I brought one of our old digital cameras, but found out when I got there that the batteries were done. Fail. So the pictures are not great, but at least I have a few! |
 |
| Bono. See how close I was to him? Swoon. |
 |
| The band. Awesome. Such a great show! I'm so so so so so glad Ryan was able to get these tickets for us. Unforgettable experience. |
No comments:
Post a Comment