Friday, October 28, 2011

Charlotte-ism

So I'm behind with the pictures, but I may have some time this weekend to catch up on posts.  I had to share Charlotte's most recent nugget of wisdom, though. 

We tell her a lot that she can do things when she's bigger when we want to tell her no to something but have no toddler logic reason for it.  It's just easier than answering the "Why?" with "Because I said so".  "When you're bigger" is much easier for her mind to process.  Cop out?  Maybe, but it works! 

This morning Matt was with us because he has the day off.  The girls woke up a little early so Charlotte was hanging out in the hallway between the bathroom and kitchen.  I saw that Matt had cut up an apple for her and put it in a bowl with peanut butter.  I said something about how much Daddy must love her since he didn't cut one up for me.  I asked her if she thought Daddy would cut an apple up for me, so she went to ask Matt if I could have an apple.  I turned the hair dryer on, but then saw that Charlotte was trying to get my attention.  She gives me the "mom face" and very decidedly tells me that I can have a cut up apple when I'm littler.  How logical is that?!  She cracks me up.  If grownups get to do things she can't do until she's bigger, than grownups must wait until they're littler to get the things she does.  She is awesome.  Though as someone currently on Weight Watcher's and losing weight, I wasn't quite sure what she meant at first.  :)

No comments: