Last weekend was the 8th Annual Ivory Crockett Run "4" Webster. My aunt and uncle created this race as a way to honor Ivory Crockett and give back to his community. Ivory is the 100-yard dash world record holder, a record that will never be broken, as this race is no longer run. The event now has a 4 mile race and a 1 mile walk, as well as a 100-yard dash for the kids. This year I took Charlotte and Audrey on the 1 mile and Charlotte "ran" the dash. My aunt Shirley, cousin Stephanie, and her son, Derek, came into town for the race. The kids had a great time together!
 |
| Ready for the race to begin |
 |
| Derek, pulling out ahead |
 |
| Morgan, Charlotte and Stephanie trying to catch up |
 |
| Charlotte running. She and Derek probably ran about half a mile. The did great! |
 |
| Audrey, tuckered out after the race |
 |
| Waiting for the 100-yard dash |
 |
| Showing off her bib |
 |
| Ready at the starting line |
 |
| Charlotte and Karlee with their medals. The reason there are no actual race pictures is because I had to DRAG my daughter across the finish line. She was so excited and then spotted me with the camera and got shy and wanted me to hold her. I thought that was dumb, so I made her run the race anyway. I knew she wanted to- I don't know what was up with the cling-on deal. Sometimes I think me being present at events makes things worse for her; she's less independent. I can see why they don't allow parents in for dance lessons. |
 |
| Hanging out in the trunk of Aunt Shirley's car while waiting for the grownups to finishing cleaning up. |
 |
| Watching a movie. Whatever makes them happy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment