Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Audrey!

So Audrey had a birthday.  Almost two months ago.  Oops.  I also managed to switch the order of the pictures, so while the birthday party was nearly two weeks after her actual birthday, the party pictures are first because I am to busy (lazy?) to change it.

I'm pretty proud of how Audrey's Bee-Day Party turned out.  I made almost everything, but only because Matt and the girls were in KC the week before, so I was able to get so much done after work.  It was crazy productive.  I didn't take pictures, so not all of the little details were captured, but I am way pleased with how much fun Audrey had.  I love planning parties!

The party begins by Audrey taking one of the card holders I was using to identify food and sticking the bottom in her cake to steal ice cream.  She's lucky she was the birthday girl.  She's also modeling the antennae I made for all the guests.  Aren't they cute?

The carnage.  It had to be in the front.


The favor table.  I made cookies with bees on them (but you can't really see them well) and little jars of honey for all the guests.  There were also honey stiks, but I don't think people realized they could take them because I had A LOT left.  Anyone need honey?

The pinata I made.  I love the bees!

The pin the bee on the hive game.  I don't have pictures of the kids actually playing it, but they had a good time.

The birthday girl and her daddy!

Big sis

Getting ready for the pinata!

The birthday girl takes a swing.









Making me taste her sucker that she dipped in the frosting.  Yum.

Blowing out her candles!

Enjoying her cupcake


My stylish little princess

So excited about her new, pink car!

Big sis extremely anxious to help her with her presents.



And now her actual birthday.  It was a Friday, so Matt and the girls took a road trip to Hillsboro to have lunch with me at work.  It was great.  It was such a nice break in the day.  Audrey chose Mexican, so we had Hillsboro's finest.


We headed out to KC shortly after I got home from work, but we took some time to open presents and eat cupcakes, two of Audrey's favorite things.

Singing Happy Birthday to Audrey.  We should start a family band.




Why is attempting to take a picture of a two year old and a four year old so similar to attempting to heard cats?

No comments: