Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The 4th of July

Since the 4th of July was on a Wednesday this year, it kind of created a weird split week.  Audrey's party was the weekend before, then I had Wednesday off, and then we headed out to Warsaw, MO for the following weekend.  We stayed at home and chilled most of the day, but met my parents, my brother and his tour partner, Melissa, for dinner before heading across the river to watch the Arch fireworks from the Illinois side.  Fewer people, way less traffic, and an amazing view from the Eads Bridge.  Doesn't get much better!  I may, however, have lead my family through the demilitarized zone when I made a wrong turn off the highway shortly after crossing the river.  Melissa had never been to St. Louis before and boy, did she get a tour.  Oops.

Playing in the pool with Audrey




Splashing Mommy


Waiting for the fireworks to begin.




The Drury/Freeman Clan

Plus Melissa

Not impressed, Uncle Ted.

Not impressed.

Beautiful Fireworks!


We had a great day, which took some of the sting away when my car broke down on the side of the highway as I was headed to work the next day.  That was FUN.

No comments: