We went on another hike today, though this one was planned out a little better. Matthew, Charlotte, Tom, Edie and I, hiked up to Fern Falls with the rest of the group, but turned around and headed back once we got there. The rest of the crew hiked the rest of the way up the mountain to Fern lake to do some "fishing", though I don't believe any fish were actually caught. Charlotte was perfect again and really seemed to enjoy watching the trail and the scenery around her. It was so fun watching her drink it all in. I love being able to see these things again for the first time. Being a parent is awesome.


A goofy family photo, but at least it proves I was there!











Uncle Andy fishing at the Pool




Asleep at the Falls

Such an adoring face- raise your hand if you think this girl loves her daddy


To finish the evening off, we had dinner at the historic Stanley Hotel in Estes. The hotel was pretty sweet, and the food was nice, but expensive. It was neat to see the view from the front porch after dinner; Charlotte got a kick out of the mountain breeze in her hair. After dinner we headed back to the condo for a lovely strawberry shortcake-scone dessert that Linda made and conversation about everyone's favorite parts of the trip. It was a lovely evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment