Monday, September 26, 2011

Charlotte-ism

Last night was a particularly trying bedtime.  We were at my parents for dinner and got home a little after 9:00 PM.  Matt put Audrey down in her crib and I attempted to get Charlotte to sleep.  First, we read Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you see?  Then we attempted to get the covers just so on her bed, but she decided she wanted to sleep on her floor instead.  Fine.  So I cover her up and go downstairs.  Five minutes later she calls out, "Mom!  Cover me up!"  So I go upstairs to fix her blanket just right.  Another five minutes.  "Dad!  Cover me up!"  So Matt goes upstairs, tells her to get in her bed, fixes the covers and tells her enough is enough and we aren't coming up anymore to fix her blankets.  Another couple of minutes and then terrified screaming.  I go upstairs and she said she heard something.  I figure out it's Audrey shaking her sippy cup of water in bed.  I told Charlotte it was just Audrey and she needed to just Go.To.Bed.  Another few minutes... 

"Mom!  Mom!  Audrey wake me up!  Audrey talking!" 
I yell up the stairs, "No she's not.  Go to bed!"  Another minute. 
"Audrey's talking!"
"No, she's not.  You are!"  Pause.
"No, I'm not!"

The stinkers finally fell asleep around 10:00.  It was not an easy morning for any of us today.  Kids.  Sheesh.

No comments: