Thursday, September 8, 2011

Orange Beach, Alabama Part II

Ok, so Part II is being posted before part I is finished because I didn't want them to post in reverse order and it's easier to insert pictures backwards with the post.  Darn blogger.  I had every intention to complete Part I this week, but I'm slow, so it's not done.  Summary of Part I, we went to Alabama.  We stayed in a condo with my parents.  My Aunt Shirley, Uncle Dan, cousin Carrie and cousin Matt and his family Stephanie and Derek were there, too.  It was fun.  More later.

We started the day on the beach.  Duh.  The girls had lots of fun and Charlotte got much braver with the water.  She fell in love with the beach.  A girl after my own heart.  :)

Audrey and Grandma playing in the ocean.

Charlotte chillin' in the water.  Does this girl know how to relax or what?

So relaxed.  :)

Audrey totally bonded with Grandma.

Playing with/eating sand

Building sandcastles with Daddy.

So fun!  What is not pictured is Mommy's awesome sandcastle that totally kicked this sand castle's  butt.  You'll have to trust me.

Digging for treasure

Derek joining in on the fun.

Charlotte turns her back...

And Audrey gets her toy.

Playing in the ocean with Daddy, Grandma, Aunt Shirley and Derek

Audrey was ok in the water, but preferred the beach.
 After the beach, we parted ways with the Dimmits for the day so they could head into Pensacola to take Carrie to the airport.  We went on a dolphin cruise and then out for dinner at a great restaurant.  The dolphin cruise was awesome!  The dolphins put on a great show.  We saw so many and they were so playful and active.  It was great!  Charlotte adored it.  Every time she saw a dolphin jump, she'd yell, "I saw its back!"  We took a lot of pictures, so I apologize.  Feel free to skip through them.
Super safe in her life jacket!

Ready to see some dolphins!

Where are they?

Keeping a close eye on the ocean

Hmmmmm, where are they?

Wait?  Is that it?

A dolphin!

Audrey missed most of the show.

The dolphin show





Is this not the coolest thing ever?




After the cruise, we went to dinner at a seafood place on the dock.  It was pretty tasty.  Audrey entertained us all with a lemon, a straw, and an ice cube.  I don't know who is more easily amused- her or us.

This face!  I love her!

Ice!

Like I said, I don't know who is more easily amused.
After lunch, the girls went down for a nap and Matt and I went out into the water.  While we were down there, a school (?) of devil rays were just swimming in the water by the swimmers.  It was crazy awesome.  We got some really great pictures, but I was nervous the whole time since we used my nice camera instead of the old one we usually take down around water.  It was worth it, though!

Two of them swimming by

The reason they were there- an enormous school of small fish.  They were eating machines!

Is this not one of the most beautiful creatures?  I love rays.

Swimming away.

Headed out for dinner.  Charlotte was less than cooperative for the picture, but she made up for it at dinner.  We had to wait 45 minutes for a table, but the girls were awesome!  There was a whole bunch of quarter rides in the kids waiting area at the restaurant, so armed with Grandpa's quarters, we survived the long wait and the late dinner.  We didn't eat until after 8:00, but no melt downs.  I felt like the luckiest Mama in the world.
We left on Saturday.  We had to be out of the condo by 10:00, so we invited the Dimmitts over to our condo for breakfast, then packed up and said goodbye.  The Dimmitts and my parents hit the road, but we spent one last morning on the beach.  Charlotte was so sad to leave.  She asked me as we got in the car, "We'll come back later?"  Ah, kid.  I sure hope so!

Daddy made Audrey's name in the sand, but before we could get Audrey in front of it for a picture, Charlotte demonstrated her older sister domination and stepped on the letters.  Sibling love, I tell you.

Me and my girls on the beach.  Forgive the cleavage.  I have had two children.

Audrey soaking up some last few rays.

Playing in the sand.

Heading out!  See you later, Alabama!

Wait, you mean we have to leave?

No comments: