Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snow Day!

A couple of weeks ago, Matt and the girls got a snow day (or two- thank you Jeff Co roads) while I fought my way to work.  A normally 45 minute commute took me over 2 hours.  It was awful.  And I was on the shorter end of things!  The roads were terrible.  I heard some stories about commutes that are normally 15 minutes that took 3 hours.  Craziness.  But beside the point.  As I watched car after car slide off the road and prayed fervently that I would not be next, Matt and the girls bundled up to play in the snow.  After a bit, Matt dropped Audrey off at our neighbor's, Mrs. Howard, house and took Charlotte sledding at a nearby park.  No pictures of that, but I heard they had a blast!

This is right before I left for work.  Charlotte told me she was ready to go sledding.  I told her she might want a coat.  :)

Much better.  Now they're ready to go!

And in the snow.  Can you believe this was all that was on the ground?  The way traffic was, I expected a blizzard!  But apparently it was just super icy.



No comments: